This training program aims at providing the knowledge and competences needed for the successful clinical evaluation of the potential recipients of solid organs, as well as the waiting list criteria, and pre and post-transplant treatment.
– To improve participants’ knowledge on acute and chronic kidney, liver, pancreas, heart and lung failure and adequately asses referred patients for transplantation.
– To provide participants with the knowledge of the principles of pre-op preparation (bench preparation), preparation of implant site (anatomic references including variations and anomalies), as well as common intra-operative challenges and variations.
– To identify and treat post-op complications: drug side-effects, infections, rejection, complications, recurrent disease.
– To provide knowledge on the surgical procedures (organ specific) and post-operative care of living donors.
– To improve short and long term follow-up of the living donor with attention to physical and psycho-social well-being and to facilitate knowledge on living donor registries.
Health care professionals involved in any of the phases of the on-going organ transplantation programs.
1. General aspects:
– Immunology basics and Immunosuppression
– Infections and malignancies
– Anesthesiology (he quitado history)
2. Organ specific: Kidney, Liver, Pancreas, Heart, Lung (orden de organos cambiado)
– Indications and Waiting List
– Organ evaluation and surgical procedure (techniques and surgical complications)
– Postoperative management and medical follow up (early/late & histopathology/radiology)
3. Living donation
– General aspects of living donation
– Kidney and liver living donation
– Living donor registries
The course can be provided as following:
- Online self-study: The online self-study modality employed involves the development of a flexible and interactive online learning action, promoting a continuous building of knowledge and development of skills. The course curriculum will be available throughout the online training program, and will be structured in topics for a better assimilation of the key concepts. Pre-course evaluation along with self-assessing individual activities and final evaluation will enable participants to demonstrate the systematic application of the knowledge acquired.
- Blended: Face-to-face seminar with theoretical classes and practical simulations held in Barcelona + online self-guided training. During the face-to-face seminar the course contents will be introduced and will be deeply developed through the online self-guided module.
The online self-study program amounts to 5 ECTS accredited by TPM – Universitat de Barcelona (UB).
The blended training will be awarded with 10 ECTS accredited by TPM – Universitat de Barcelona (UB) upon successful completion of the course.
The course is part of the TPM educational modular structure composed by different training itineraries that may end up with a Masters’ degree.
Early Bird: 900€ by December 10th 2019
Early Bird: 1800€ by December 10th 2019
*Fee reduction will also be applied for 2 or more participants from the same institution.