A technical and scientific training program to get you involved with the organ and tissue donation and transplantation process at the national, European and world-wide level.
The oficial language of the course is English but we also offer this course in Spanish.
Reasons for applying to this course:
- A place for donation professionals to learn, share experiencies and network.
- Local and International quality speakers.
- Approach to innovation topics.
Get a glimpse of the ONLINE experience:
- To conceptualize the objectives of the donation process
- To increase health professionals knowledge and skills as well as to raise public awareness regarding the importance of organ donation
- To promote the implementation at work of the knoweledge and competences acquired in order to increase the process results
- To boost best practice exchange and the development of international networks
- Health professionals involved in organ donation, particularly those working in referral units such as: intensive care, postoperative recovery and emergency rooms.
- Donor/ transplant coordinators wishing to update their knowledge and reinforce their skills.
- Managers in charge of transplant programs.
National and International healthcare professionals with a high level of expertise in the donation and transplantation field. Considering their teaching experience, they will guide participants and provide them personalized feed-back through lectures, practical simulations and discussions.
The course covers the fundamental aspects of organ donation and transplantation enabling participants to acquire a wide knowledge and skills on the following topics:
- Donor detection, identification and selection criteria
- Brain Death diagnosis
- Donor management
- Organ viability studies
- Family approach for organ donation
- Organ recovery and preservation techniques
- Organ sharing and allocation
- Donation after cardiac death (DCD)
- Living donation
- Tissue procurement, processing and distribution
- Ethics and legislation
- Public education and mass media
- Evaluation of the donation-transplant process
- Organization of a Transplant Coordination Office
- Quality control systems
- Organizational models
- Assessing countries’ needs in organ donation
Online modality following a proactive teaching methodology focused on promoting a continuous building of knowledge and skills and putting it into practice.
Students will start theoretical knowledge by reading the new edition of the Transplant Procurement Management Manual (4th edition – June 2020).
Through the TPM-DTI virtual platform, students will be provided with course information, instructions for practical exercises, discussion forums, etc.
9 live sessions (3 sessions per week) will be organized for lectures, practical sessions in small groups and teamwork.
Other individual activities will be organized throughout the course.
The working language is English.
A diploma by TPM-DTI Foundation will be awarded after successful completion of the course.
The course may be validated with 10 ECTs credits of the TPM Master’s degree, with a specific diploma by the University of Barcelona.
UEMS-EACCME® began its activities in January 2000 with the mutual recognition of accreditation of EU-wide and international CME-CPD activities for live educational events through the awarding of European CME credits (ECMECs) to individual medical specialists, allowing the recognition and exchange of CME credits between all European countries.
Deadline for registration and payment May 15th 2021
Registration will be fulfilled only upon payment reception. Places are limited to 50 participants. The deadline closes once the number of registrations is reached.
Calendar: 25th May – 11th June 2021 (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays)
Duration: 30 hours