A technical and scientific training program to get you involved with the organ and tissue donation and transplantation process at the national, European and world-wide level.
The oficial language of the course is English but we also offer this course in Spanish.
Reasons for applying to this course:
- A place for donation professionals to learn, share experiencies and network.
- Local and International quality speakers.
- Approach to innovation topics.
- To conceptualize the objectives of the donation process
- To increase health professionals knowledge and skills as well as to raise public awareness regarding the importance of organ donation
- To promote the implementation at work of the knoweledge and competences acquired in order to increase the process results
- To boost best practice exchange and the development of international networks
- Health professionals involved in organ donation, particularly those working in referral units such as: intensive care, postoperative recovery and emergency rooms.
- Donor/ transplant coordinators wishing to update their knowledge and reinforce their skills.
- Managers in charge of transplant programs.
National and International healthcare professionals with a high level of expertise in the donation and transplantation field. Considering their teaching experience, they will guide participants and provide them personalized feed-back through lectures, practical simulations and discussions.
The course covers the fundamental aspects of organ donation and transplantation enabling participants to acquire a wide knowledge and skills on the following topics:
- Donor detection, identification and selection criteria
- Brain Death diagnosis
- Donor management
- Organ viability studies
- Family approach for organ donation
- Organ recovery and preservation techniques
- Organ sharing and allocation
- Donation after cardiac death (DCD)
- Living donation
- Tissue procurement, processing and distribution
- Ethics and legislation
- Public education and mass media
- Evaluation of the donation-transplant process
- Organization of a Transplant Coordination Office
- Quality control systems
- Organizational models
- Assessing countries’ needs in organ donation
- Theoretical conceptualization before the course through a virtual classroom for academic support.
- Methodology based on learning through experience, acknowledging that practice improves theory.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills developed through case studies, outdoor training and workshops.
The working language is English.
A diploma by TPM-DTI Foundation will be awarded after successful completion of the course.
This course can be validated with 10 ECTS credits of the TPM Master‘s degree.
Deadline for registration and payment is October 15th 2023
Registration will be fulfilled only upon payment reception. Places are limited to 50 participants. The deadline closes once the number of registrations is reached.
Calendar: 6th to 10th of November 2023
Duration: 30 hours